A well-defined chin and jawline are a classic sign of beauty. Therefore, the accumulation of submental fat, fullness or a double chin is often a concern for many people. While this may be the result of weight gain, it is often simply a matter of genetic predisposition.
In fact, according to data from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) in 2015, fat under the chin/neck was one of the top troublesome conditions for patients, with 67% reporting it as being bothersome for them.
At RevitalizeMD we have several solutions to help target that unwanted double chin and contour your jawline to slim and feminize your appearance.
An injectable solution from the company that has brought us Botox cosmetic is the latest treatment that lets clients put their best chin forward. Belkyra™ is the first and only non-surgical injectable treatment that permanently destroys fat cells, eliminating fullness under the chin.
Belkyra is an individually tailored treatment.
• Each treatment is customized.
• During the treatment, the area is mapped out according to the patient’s anatomy. After a topical numbing cream is applied to the area, several small injections are distributed to the treatment area.
• Afterward, the client may expect some swelling, tingling and even numbness in the area for a few days.
• Belkyra works by breaking down the fat cells. The body then gradually eliminates these destroyed cells over a span of 6 to 8 weeks.
• While more than one treatment may be necessary to achieve the final result, visible results are often seen within 2 to 4 weeks.
Coolsculpting’s technology continues to improve over time allowing for treatment of different areas on the body. The CoolMini applicator was designed to target the unwanted tissue under the chin.
Coolsculpting uses gentle, smooth cooling of fatty tissue that results in crystallization and eventual cell death of the fatty tissue that is being targeted. All while keeping the skin, muscles and surrounding nerves unharmed. The cells that have been affected are then gradually removed from the body reducing the tissue bulk by about 22% resulting in a smooth chin and jawline.
Dermal fillers – Hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm, Restylane and Belatero along with Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers such as Radiesse are a great way to contour and shape the chin and jawline to smooth and feminize the facial appearance. Proper placement and technique are important when having these treatments performed.
Loose or sagging skin under the chin can as be as bothersome and having bulk in the submental area. Skintyte’s gentle use of infrared light to heat the dermal tissue and create tightening is great for fixing this problem.